Thursday 22 September 2016

Ripping off the writer!

Unfortunately scamming and ripping people off are very much the way of the world nowadays as Fi the main character in my debut novel Exactly 23 days knows only too well. It would appear that I too as the writer of the book have to be wary of being conned. It was purely by chance whilst I was at a blogging event today that I discovered that a site in Germany (Bol.com) selling my book had 5,400 views and a score of 8.1/10 for my book. Of course, I was excited at the huge increase in the spread of my words and also at the potential to increase the sale of my book too. It was only on completing a google search when I got home and doing some research on Bol.com that I discovered that they appear to be a rather dubious website with an awful lot of 'one star' negative reviews and not just for book sales. It would appear that books and other items are not being delivered and the authors and artists from music sales on the site will almost certainly never see any of their rightful earnings! 

The purpose of todays post is to warn you about purchasing from a site other than if directed to it by myself as the writer of Exactly 23 days. That way I can make sure that it is a site authorised by me to sell my work. I enclose information for all the sites where you can buy my book and I look forward to your reviews as and when you happen to read it. 

Exactly 23 days is available from https://completelynovel.com/books/exactly-23-days

and from the following online outlets: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, apple iBooks app (for iPad and iPhone), Waterstones, Blackwells and Google Books. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig